The XRG FluidDissipation Library contains heat transfer and pressure loss calculations for a large amount of industrial components which are important for the modeling of thermo-hydraulic processes.
The Modelica library FluidDissipation is free and has an open source code. The necessary correlations can be implemented in arbitrary thermo-hydraulic Modelica model libraries and are suited for dynamic simulation. The stand-alone use in a Modelica application is also possible.
FluidDissipation Use Case – Modelica Model of an Aircraft Fuel System
The components are modeled using component models from FluidDissipation for modeling pressure loss and heat transfer.
The Calculations of the FluidDissipation Library
- Channel: forced convection in a channel
- General: generic correlations of forced convection (e.g. Dittus/Boelter)
- Heat Exchanger: heat transfer for heat exchangers
- Helical Pipe: forced convection in helical pipe heat exchanger
- Plate: forced convection for plain surfaces
- Straight Pipe: forced convection in pipes
Pressure loss and pressure difference
- Bend: pressure loss in pipe bends
- Channel: pressure loss in channels
- Diffuser: total pressure difference in diffusers
- General: generic pressure loss models
- Heat Exchanger: pressure loss
- Junction: total pressure difference in tees
- Nozzle: total pressure difference in nozzles
- Orifice: total pressure difference in sudden profile changes
- Straight Pipe: pressure loss in pipes
- Valve: Pressure loss in different valves